Friday, February 13, 2015

More Nature Photographs from April 2005 - March 2006

I love my job.  I get to teach kids (and adults) about the beautiful and ugly natural wonders in their own neighborhood - even the ugly things are beautiful in their own way.  I hope that the students I teach will grow to love the plants, animals, fungi, rocks, trees, etc. as much as I do.

I get to share photographs that I have taken of the wonderful world around me - kids are often amazed when they find out that most of the photos that I use during presentations are ones that I took.  They are even more amazed when they learn that the photos were taken in the county or even town that they live in.

I take thousands of photographs each year, students see only a few of them.  Sometimes the time I wish I could be out taking photos is instead the time I spend in the classroom sharing photos.  I need a few more hours in the day.

I thought I would share a few more photos from my first year seriously thinking about photography.  I got a Canon film SLR camera (with two zoom lenses) in April 2005.  I have previously shared ten photos from that first year in this post from November 2013.  Here are a dozen more.  These photos were all taken on film and then scanned.





  









No comments:

Post a Comment