Thursday, April 16, 2015

Wildflower Coloring Pages

Last Spring my wife asked me to help her design an easy art project for her second grade classroom.  We decided it should be something to do with wildflowers.  So I came up with design for a Large-flowered Trillium (Trillium grandilorum) that her students could color and assemble.  When printed on a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper, this trillium is about life-size.




This year she asked for some more wildflowers.  These wildflowers are going to turn a bulletin board into a spring forest.  When picking which flowers to draw, I looked for ones that had a simple pattern so they would be easy to come up with a stylized design.

First up was a drawing of a Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis).




Next, I drew this grouping of Wild Geranium (Geranium maculatum) leaves and flowers.




The third new wildflower was a Yellow Trout Lily (Erythronium americanum).




Finally, I drew this Wild Ginger (Asarum canadense).




Please feel free to print and use any of these coloring sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment