Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Continuing a recent theme... more eggs

Over the weekend, I went out to search for more wildflowers.  Along the way I found something even more interesting.

Blue Jay sitting on its nest

I knew this nest was there.  About two weeks ago I saw a pair of Blue Jays (Cyanocitta cristata) working diligently on its construction.  This nest is located probably only a dozen feet from a busy trail.

Inside the nest, were five perfect light brown eggs with dark brown spots.  I snapped a quick picture and then backed away from the nest to allow Mama Blue Jay to come back.

Blue Jay eggs are light brown or pale blue, with dark brown spotting

1 comment:

  1. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me. quotes that will change your life

    ReplyDelete