Monday, April 10, 2017

The sounds of Spring - Wood Frogs

Last week I posted a short video from a local wetland area.  The video itself wasn't anything special; I was mainly trying to record the sounds of a local wetland.  The star of that video was a group of Western Chorus Frogs (Pseudacris triseriata), but in the background of the video you could hear the breeding calls of Wood Frogs (Lithobates sylvaticus).

Yesterday, Shara and I went out to Forest Hill Nature Area to walk the trails.  As we approached the North Woods we could hear Wood Frogs calling from several of the vernal pond scattered throughout the woods.  I took the opportunity to record another video.  Again this video should really be treated as a sound recording, the picture is definitely secondary.

The primary sound in this video is the "quacking" sound from the Wood Frogs.  There are also periodic bird calls and the sound of wind blowing over the microphone on my camera.

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment